Doc Severinsen has poured a lifetime of experience—and countless hours of experimentation, research, and development at the S.E. Shires factory—into achieving the incredible balance of components that make up the Destino III. The custom leadpipe and braced, semi-round tuning slide provide an open, but efficient blow, "right down center." They balance the standard weight Doc bell taper perfectly. Nickel-silver balusters add brilliance and character to the sound. Narrow bracing contributes to the instrument's superlative response, cleanness, and ease of attack. Powerful and full in the upper and middle registers, this instrument also boasts a surprisingly beefy low register. And despite its potential for power, the Destino III's lightweight front end and efficient venturi make it capable of incredible delicacy. The Doc Severinsen Destino III unlocks an unbelievably broad spectrum of nuance and color for any player.
- Bore: .454
- Doc Severinsen Bell: 4.75 inch, one piece, hand hammered custom Doc Severinsen taper in standard weight brass with traditionally brazed (side) seam, French bead, and dual-radius bend
- Doc Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass—open, flexible and projecting, yet remarkably efficient
- C Tuning Slide: braced, semi round, dual-radius bend with heavy crook, standard water key—flexible, responsive and malleable at low dynamics, powerful and bold at full volume
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with nickel-silver balusters; short bracing between the bell and valve cluster, the valve cluster and leadpipe.
- Bell Engraving: Doc Severinsen Destino III custom engraving
- Features: custom lightweight slides with heavyweight crooks, 1st-valve slide harmonic balancer (removable weight in the crook), 3rd-valve slide water key
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes SE Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
Regular Price: AU$1,599.00
Special Price AU$1,279.00
Convertible to Bb with extra set of slides
The picture shows YTR-4435S.
YTR-4435ll can be converted to Bb for greater versatility. The extra slides are included.
Yellow brass bell
The newly redesigned, durable yet light two-piece bell is made of gold brass for a wide range of tone colors and to promote good technique and endurance.
New piston, piston caps and buttons
The picture shows YTR-2330S.
Highly durable monel alloy pistons as well as newly designed piston buttons and bottom caps help lengthen the life of the instrument while also maximizing sound quality.
New tuning slides
The 2nd and main tuning slides are produced using the same method as high-end Yamaha models, which provides stability, a more refined tonal color and added durability.
Main tuning brace lets sound more focus and hold together.
AU$1,995.00Secondhand King Super 20 Silver Sonic Trumpet with sterling silver lead pipe and bell. Learn More
Out of stock
Time to berp
- Clamp The Berp onto the receiver. Play the starting pitch on your instrument, then place the mouthpiece in The Berp and buzz the exercise like a siren or glissando.
- Buzz the exercise again, but this time center each pitch and press your instrument’s valves down or move the slide to the notes that you are playing. When you play The Berp, practice making the beginning and ending pitch sound (resonate) the same. Correct sound production will result when the air leads the way, whether ascending or descending.
- Finally, play the exercise on your instrument with the same energy you used to make a consistent buzz. The embouchure should feel more relaxed than when buzzing in order to get a free, resonating sound. Always alternate between the berp and playing your instrument, to gain ear training benefits and strengthen your embouchure.
This exercise can be started on either open partials up and/or down. Practice with the
You’ll get a lot more out of this buzzing exercise if you read the information about the Breath Awareness Tool first.
If you practice this routine on a daily basis, you’ll gain many benefits of working with the berp.
- Play slowly
- Use the top treble line for trumpet, horn, and cornet
- Use the bottom bass line for trombone, euphonium, and tuba
Regular Price: AU$6,899.00
Special Price AU$5,199.00Bach "Stradivarius Artisan" - C trumpet, .462" large bore, 4-13/16" diameter one-piece hand-hammered bell with flat rim, special acoustic bell treatment, enhanced radius ferrules, Monel pistons, 2 sets of valve guides - brass/plastic, 1st slide split ring, 3rd slide pin stop, 3rd valve tone enhancing ring, deluxe engraving, silver-plate finish, C190DBL deluxe double case, no mouthpiece. Learn More
Regular Price: AU$5,899.00
Special Price AU$4,695.00Bach "Stradivarius" - Key of C, .462" large bore, standard weight one-piece hand-hammered yellow brass #229 bell, #25H mouthpipe, Monel pistons, 1st slide thumb saddle, 3rd pin stop, silver-plate finish, Bach 7C mouthpiece, C180C woodshell case. Available in clear lacquer finish as model C180CUSTOM. Learn More
Regular Price: AU$6,299.00
Special Price AU$4,995.00
Bach "Stradivarius Chicago C" - Key of C, .462" large bore, lightweight one-piece hand-hammered yellow brass #229 bell with classic French bead flat rim with soldered bell wire, special #25CC leadpipe based on 1947 design, wide foot bell to leadpipe braces, narrower braces at bell to valve casing and valve casing to leadpipe, thumb ring on first valve, narrow tuning slide....1947 design, single brace on tuning slide, bead rings on all slides, hexagon shaped pull knobs, 1st slide thumb ring, 3rd slide pin stop, silver-plate finish, Bach 7C mouthpiece, C180C woodshell case.Learn More