A versatile bass trombone. The Q36GR and Q36YR feature the clarity of sound and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. The QYB bell features an 91⁄2-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QII” taper in yellow or gold brass with soldered bead. This gives the trombone a clear, singing tone with excellent projection. Clarity with a full, deep low register and broad sound. The wide, .562 bore hand slide in standard weight yellow brass, results in a broad sound that retains clarity, colour and projection. The nickel hand slide crook gives crispness and brilliance to the articulations. The independent rotary valves retain focus throughout all registers without sacrificing comfort or clarity in the valve register. This independent valve system allows fore more flexibility of choice in valve and slide position choices. At home in any ensemble, the Q36GR and Q36YR bass trombone are an excellent choices for any situation.
- QBY bell: 91⁄2-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QII” taper in lightweight yellow or gold brass with soldered bead
- Independent F/G♭ rotary valves
- Q62 hand slide: .562-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver crook
- QYB tuning slide
- Three interchangeable yellow brass lead pipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- Includes Q Series bass case, mouthpiece, and care kit